Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Money...


What is all of this, you might wonder. Well, this is us in the middle of switching our house around. We now have two kids in one room. The room is upstairs by ours. And for all of you disbelievers, you nay-sayers, you skeptics, this is the part where I prove you wrong. This is where I'm supposed to say, "The room sharing of two horribly sleeping children worked. It literally turned our lives around!" I'm supposed to say it. But I can't. At least we don't have to go up and down the stairs ten times each night. And honestly, it couldn't have gotten any worse than it already was.

And! The kids got a playroom. This is how it turned out.



Not too bad. (Sorry about the lighting in the pictures, but you get the idea.) All I need is about $200 of shelving, and the room will be perfect. Of course I can't justify spending that. Not after this:

If you're not sure what that is, it's our maple tree in our back yard. Or it was. I have no idea how it happened, but it split down the middle and almost fell on our house. I really, really, really liked that tree. It is going to set us back $500 to put it out of its misery. So much for the shelves.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief, I somehow imagined the split in the tree as being smaller, more subtle . . . but I can see from the photo that there was nothing subtle about it! I will try to work this around in my mind as a good omen . . . but it's not going to be easy. It really was a nice tree.

The playroom turned out nicely, though. My fingers are crossed that the shared room will turn out that way, too! It's a good thing those two horribly sleeping children are so cute, overall.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Your playroom is BEAUTIFUL!
My three kids share a room. It's a HUGE room - like small school gym sized - and they actually sleep pretty well. It took them a little while to start sleeping through each other's wakings, but they're doing it now.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

maybe you can make shelves out of the tree after it's cut down!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home