Friday, March 30, 2007

More and more


Not long after we finished removing the fairy princess wallpaper in the upstairs room that would become our bedroom, I decided to start picking at the dining room dot-and-paisley wallpaper. I’m neurotic, and I pick at things, so this isn’t surprising. And so you can fill in your own metaphor or cliché or song about what happened next—you know, the one that comes to mind when you start something small and it just keeps growing and growing and nothing goes right, but it’s been started, so you have to keep on going. Yeah, that one.

So what was once an innocent little peek at the condition of the wall underneath turned into a dining room table in the middle of our living room, complete with cancelled playgroups and puréed avocado on our carpet. And we are only about ¼ of the way done. What, you’re not jealous?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am jealous.

At least you have walls to pick at. My neurosis blew threw all of mine. (I know this question wasn't intended for me but I couldn't help myself.)

2:43 AM  
Blogger jennifer said...

Actually, as I was typing the question I thought of you. I figured you might be jealous.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fingers are itching now.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

i hate wallpaper. we have 1/2 a wall done in our kitchen. our cat started scratching at it about 2 years ago. i really wish he would just finish the job already & get that crap down!

12:16 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

seriously, who would ever think that wallpaper is a good idea? I guess unless the walls were in bad shape. That's why I wouldn't want to buy a house with a lot of wallpaper-- you can't see what's under there.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ma famille and i are repainting, refurbishing, re everything ing...

while i was home over spring break we repainted my parent's bedroom.

and the magic color is...

BAGEL !!!

what color have you chosen? :)

10:46 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

Bagel? Really? Maybe we'll choose toast. Or I might be leaning toward scrambled egg actually. But we haven't decided yet.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home