Saturday, December 15, 2007

Bah, Humbug

I’ve had several dentist appointments in the last couple of weeks, including one to have my wisdom tooth pulled. And, actually, I was kind of looking forward to them, hoping that I would have some good lobby wait time so that I could start reading a book I recently checked out of the library. However, each and every one of my short windows of peaceful reading time was ruined by the dreadful sound of Christmas music. I can’t stand Christmas music. Why does every light rock station feel it is their duty to entertain us with a constant stream of jingling garbage? And why is it always so loud? Needless to say, I haven’t gotten very far in my book. Next week I make another trip to the dentist, but even if they decide to turn off Mariah Carey singing All I Want For Christmas is You, I probably won’t be able to get any reading done; because this dentist trip is not for me. It is for Joseph. He is going to the dentist for the first time on Wednesday, and I think he is already nervous about it. On second thought, maybe we could use a little Jingle Bells to lighten the mood.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I like Christmas music granted it's close to Christmas. I'm super annoyed when I hear it in October though.

I am picky about which songs I like though. The hippo song bugs me and don't even get me started on the stinkin' Donkey song. Talk about stupid.

1:30 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

The hippo song? The donkey song? What????????

2:48 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You know...."All I want for Christmas is a hippopotamus" and 'Dominick the Donkey". I didn't want to have to torture you with having to actually listen to them or I would have linked to them on YouTube. I absolutely deteste those songs. Ugh. So freaking annoying.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Sarah that the Hippo one is especially annoying, particularly because it gets stuck in my head and plays over and over again. Thank goodness I've never heard Dominick the Donkey! Maybe I'm a little sensitive, but the one I hate most is 'Grandma got run over by a reindeer.' I hope Joseph doesn't hear that one!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

I have to admit....I love Christmas music (not the Hippo song, though, and I don't know the donkey one).

How did Joseph do at the dentist? I have to take David in January for the first time, and am dreading it!!!!

Have a great weekend!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

A little light reading there?

And the best thing about Dec 26th? No more Christmas music for another....nine months?

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home