Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Back to school

Last week was Tony’s first week back to work. It was hard to coordinate, but I somehow made it through without anyone needing a trip to the emergency room. Sure, when I decided to let Joseph help me make granola (while Renée was NOT napping), he ended up spilling instead of stirring, covering the floor, his pants, his feet, and his hands in honey-coated oats. And when I tried to quickly clean up, he decided it would be fun to stomp through the sticky pile on the floor. But I somehow managed to keep things under control considering the circumstances. Now that the Labor Day holiday is over, Tony will start his second week of work. Please wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

good luck!

i notice w/hayden now quickly reaching 3 (you thought 2's were a challenge!) i am finding my vocal cords expanding higher and higher. i never thought i'd be a "yeller" and i hate it. i'm thinking about purchasing a muzzle and everytime i feel the need to scream i will put it on.

i'm becoming worse mom of the year.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kids will be kids. I assume it's all about how you choose to handle those things when they happen. You can get frustrated or you can laugh, right? Regardless,you'll probably treasure those memories forever. Probably even share them with their first loves one day. Ha ha! That's the good stuff you wouldn't trade for the world.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember those little years well, I gave up my mom of the year aspirations early! For me it was not so much a choice between getting frustrated or laughing, as it was swinging like a pendulum between the two. But of course I wish I had done way more laughing! I know what autumn is talking about, though, I remember those moments when I heard my mother's voice coming out of my mouth ~~ arrgh! Jennifer is more patient and capable than I ever hoped to be. (but I have to warn you, jen, about those kitchen experiments ~ the one time I let my little ones and their cousins make peanut butter-birdseed-pinecone bird feeders . . . I never did get all the birdseed out of the cracks and corners of the kitchen!)

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home