Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Coming up for air...

Things are a little busy, and slow at the same time. I'm remembering how it was even though this time is so different. Renée is wonderful and patient and so sweet. She still sleeps a lot, Joseph still doesn't. I am waiting for the day that I am allowed to pick up something heavier than the baby (like Joseph, for example). They say that I can in four more weeks, but we'll see if I really wait that long. I feel like I'd be able to do it now, although I won't.

It's been hot, which makes it hard to get out and do things with a newborn. Is that why I don't? Is that the same reason why I stayed in the house with Joseph for so long when we lived in New Orleans? Whatever.

I miss Joseph. He's right here, but it's not the same. I can't take him anywhere by myself since I can't lift him in and out of the car. I'm sure Tony will appreciate the day when I can lift something heavier than the baby.

2 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

Glad to hear she's doing well. It's too bad that you can't get some sleep. I bet Joseph misses you, too. It's great that they are already so different. It will be interesting to see how she grows and learns. No "Three Ralphs" here.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

you'll get there (lifting) one day :) hang in there.

i too am hoping that baby #2 is a wonderful sleeper like yours, unlike my 1st!

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home