Saturday, September 09, 2006

Bob the Pessimist

You may remember my previous rammblings about Bob the Builder and creativity. You may have also read some of the comments about playing with this particular toy as well as other “boys’ toys”. I think Bob the Builder is supposed to be positive, or a good role model, or at least a nice guy. I really have no idea what these cartoons are supposed to be doing. Besides, we only have the toy; we’ve never seen the actual show. What I do know is that there is a reoccurring line: “Can we fix it? YES, WE CAN!” We saw that in a Bob the Builder book and have used that line from time to time around the house. However, the other day Joseph decided to give us his own “toddler” version.

Me: Can we fix it?
Joseph: Nope. (pause) We can’t.

Bummer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I have my own Bob on either shoulder...daily.

"Can we fix it?" I ask. And so the day long conversation begins, two Bobs begin duking it out - both the pessimist & the optimist.

Thanks for sharing this one. It hits home (pun intended).

1:37 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

that is sooo funny!

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home