Thursday, January 17, 2008

Who am I?

I received an invitation to "examine the very next issue of Backyard Poultry magazine at no cost or obligation." Surprisingly (or not), the only thing required to enjoy this publication is "an interest in poultry-- any kind of domestic fowl." The sad part about it is I know exactly how I got on this mailing list. And I don't own a chicken. Or a cow. Or even a pitchfork. And I certainly don't "delight in watching the antics and interactions of chickens chasing a bug, scratching for tasty tidbits, and squawking in alarm or clicking in contentment." How about you?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, I have been WAITING for just such an invitation! Lucky lucky you! It's part of my 'back to the land' fantasy, working up to it slowly . . . first the magazine, then I'll clip a bunch of egg recipes, then I'll start saving my quarters to buy a piece of land, and eventually (definitely not anytime soon, because I need to work out 'harvesting' in my head first) I'll get me one of them chickens . . . I wonder if this appeals to me because I am an empty nester?! (cluck!) I sure hope you'll share your first issue! :)

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, I forgot to add my 'name.'

1:50 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

you don't delight in the clicking of contentment! Shame on you, where is your joy!
jen m.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Dwight's Writing Manifesto said...

Oh man.

I have ten jokes and they're all inappropriate in every sense of the word.

Hurts. Hurts me to lay off that slow pitch.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How on earth did you get that invitation?

Good thing they didn't send it to me. I have this "thing" against chickens, the hateful stupid creatures. I have more respect for the intellect of a carrot.

3:29 PM  
Blogger TK said...

I have a friend in Salt Lake City who has chickens. They're pretty interesting to watch. He's even had parties in the coop. My sister lives next to a chicken with funny Dr. Seuss hair, and she lives across the street from a guinea fowl. Have you ever seen a guinea fowl? It's two dimensional. It looks like an angel fish with feet. Can you have poultry in Saginaw? Maybe you should get a guinea fowl.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home