Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Wait a minute, don't you have two kids?

I know, I know. I haven’t really said too much about Renée lately. Don’t worry, she’s still here. I didn’t send her away somewhere to grow up on her own while I go to fancy parties with all of my rich friends. (What? You’ve never watched this soap before? Nobody seems to notice when their children are completely gone for two or three years, and then all of a sudden they show up after all of that time without any parent supervision or interaction and magically they are eighteen. Man, the Horton’s can get away with anything.) No, Renée is still here. It’s just that I wonder how interesting you will all find her “baby” stories. I mean, I could tell you that she is starting to become a horrible sleeper. Or that she is trying really hard to turn over and hold her head up (although she is still ultimately unsuccessful). I suppose I could talk about how she actually laughed the other day. Or how she is learning how to grab things. I could write about all of these things, but it somehow gets eclipsed if you know what I mean. And I know, all of you second and third children out there are clicking your tongues, reprimanding me for celebrating Joseph’s simple milestones and then ignoring them with Renée. But honestly, it’s not like that. They are all written down just as diligently and with equal excitement as they were the first time around. I just need to share more here, with you (and to be fair, I didn’t have this blog when Joseph was her age). I will try harder.

But, come on, you have to admit that you want to hear about how Joseph (who is in a “I like pirates” phase) woke up the other day, reached up to give me a hug, and said, “Mommy loves this pirate.”

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I admit it. And suddenly, I love pirates, too.

9:17 PM  
Blogger TK said...

After Joseph was born I bought a pattern book to make this pirate sweater that I really like. I'll have to get started on it.

Renee (how do you do an accent in the comments?) is trying to hold her head up? She's trying to roll over? She's laughing?!

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll have to let us know when you guys are home visiting your family here so we can meet Renee (I also don't know how to do the accent thingy on a keyboard) one of these days:)

She's sure growing up!

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(I cut and paste Renée's name from word, where I can add the accent mark by using the "insert symbol" feature. I can't figure it out in internet explorer, either.)

12:28 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

For those of you on a Mac:

1. Hold down the "option" key while typing the letter "e". (you will see a highlighted/floating accent).

2. Type the letter that you want under that accent mark.

Renée (see?)

4:00 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

For those of you not on a Mac (or for the ONE person), I don't remember. I think I used to cut and paste also.

4:03 PM  
Blogger TK said...

Thanks, Jen. Watch this:
Renée, Renée, Renée!

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Renée.

I did it too!! Weeee!

éééééééééééééééééééééééééééééé

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I've gotta get a Mac.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home